This Valentine’s Day, try something new in the kitchen. Noble’s Pond thinks this recipe for Chocolate Truffle Cookies with Sea Salt is the perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 7 Minutes Ready In: 42 Minutes Servings: 24
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cacao baking chips, for melting into the cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao baking chips, for mixing into the prepared cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt, or as needed
- In a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Turn off the stove and let chocolate sit over warm water.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. In another bowl, mix together sugar and eggs, combine thoroughly with a whisk and slowly add the warm chocolate mixture. Stir to combine. Add vanilla extract and mix. Stir in flour mixture. Cool for a few minutes (if batter is warm, chocolate chips will melt). Stir in chocolate chips. Chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter and place on baking tray. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with a pinch of sea salt. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 7-8 minutes until the outside looks slightly cracked. Be very careful not to over bake cookies because they will continue to bake as they cool once removed from the oven. Cookies should be soft and gooey in the center.
Nutritional Information Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102 | Total Fat: 6.4g | Cholesterol: 20mg Noble’s Pond hope you enjoy this Valentine’s Day dessert!